Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Staying engaged and connected with the profession

Two weeks ago I read Frank Ponte's article "It's Never Too Late For PD" in the May/June 2017 edition of Incite, the professional journal of ALIA.
Frank writes about being increasing disillusioned and dissatisfied with his work, and a general feeling of his career stagnating. His solution was to reconnect with his profession, using LinkedIn for online networking, and involvement in an ALIA committee. These and other steps helped, and Frank's recommendation is don't disengage with your profession.

This article resonated with me, and when #blogjune popped up, it seemed like a good chance to reengage with some valuable online networks that I had neglected. Already I've been inspired by Twitter and blog posts, and I'm making efforts to carve out time in my working day to read, reflect and respond. Thanks Frank for your prompt to reengage.

No comments: